- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Anaheim chili pepper, chopped
- 3 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Fahrenheit 212 seasoning blend
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 (15oz) can No salt added kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can No salt added garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can No salt added black beans
- 16 oz frozen whole kernel corn
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeño peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder, Fahrenheit 212 and pepper. Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.
*For non vegetarian recipe, just add in 12-16oz of ground turkey or ground chicken breast after cooking the onion and peppers.
FLAVOR TO THE PEOPLE!